Today we left Chicago and ended in Rochester to stay with Sarah (Ben’s sister) and Bobby.
- Woke up and enjoyed a (too) leisurely morning – leaving much later then we should have
- Stopped at Walmart after a bit to pick up supplies
- Drove down the highway
- Kids managed to watch 2 movies in a row due to Mom & Dad’s poor willpower
- Ate lunch just across the border in Wisconsin at a park Ben found on Google Maps – we couldn’t stay long due to our schedule but were glad to leave because of to the feeling some locals on the porch down the street were suspicious of a minivan with a car topper stopping at their park.
- Made a pit stop at Fast Company – a company who manufactures fiberglass figures (animals, statues, etc) and has a “graveyard” on their backlot that is open for visitors to explore (you have to see the pictures to understand). Thanks roadtrippers.com for the tip on this gem!
- Crossed over the Mississippi but wasn’t sure which of the several sections of water was the actual river (it makes more sense when you see a map of La Crosse, WI)
- Drove a bit more and finally made it to Rochester just in time for dinner
- Had a nice dinner with Bobby and Sarah then spent the rest of the daylight hours at a local park.
- We ended the evening with the kids watching Frozen while the adults visited and discussed the next day’s early departure